At Raccoon River Pet Rescue, our mission is to find loving and permanent homes for animals in our care. The adoption application does not mean there is a commitment on your part or ours. The application lets us know you are serious about adopting.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us.
Ready to get started with a pet adoption? Follow the adoption steps below:
- Fill out an online adoption application to get pre-approved to adopt from Raccoon River Pet Rescue.
- If you have a specific animal in mind or would like assistance, the completion of the application starts the conversation.
- All applications go through a verification process:
- Vet Record Verification to ensure current pets are spayed/neutered and up-to-date on vaccinations.
- Home Ownership/Landlord/HOA Verification to ensure pets are allowed and ask about breed restrictions from the landlord, HOA or city.
- Fences may be required for some dogs; however, invisible fences may be sufficient.
- If there are any issues during the verification process, a volunteer will email you about the status of your application.
- Once your application is verified, we will contact you to discuss next steps, answer questions you may have, and set up an introduction with the pet.
- An introduction with all people and other pets in the home may be necessary to ensure the best fit for everyone.
- After a successful introduction with the pet, we may schedule a home check to see where the pet will live and ensure a safe/secure environment.
- Our goal is to ensure a successful transition as these pets go to a safe and caring home.
- After a successful introduction and home visit, the adoption will be scheduled.
- All pets are spayed/neutered, microchipped, up-to-date on vaccinations and parasite preventatives.
Dogs and cats may be priced differently based on age, breed or special needs. Please review the dog or cat adoption posting for applicable adoption fees.