At Raccoon River Pet Rescue, our mission is to find loving and permanent homes for animals in our care. The adoption application does not mean there is a commitment on your part or ours. The application lets us know you are serious about adopting.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us.
Ready to get started with a pet adoption? Follow the adoption steps below:
- Fill out an online adoption application to get pre-approved to adopt from Raccoon River Pet Rescue.
- If you have a specific animal in mind or would like assistance, the completion of the application starts the conversation.
- All applications go through a verification process:
- Vet Record Verification to ensure current pets are spayed/neutered and up-to-date on vaccinations.
- Home Ownership/Landlord/HOA Verification to ensure pets are allowed and ask about breed restrictions from the landlord, HOA or city.
- Fences may be required for some dogs; however, invisible fences may be sufficient.
- If there are any issues during the verification process, a volunteer will email you about the status of your application.
- Once your application is verified, we will contact you to discuss next steps, answer questions you may have, and set up an introduction with the pet.
- An introduction with all people and other pets in the home may be necessary to ensure the best fit for everyone.
- After a successful introduction with the pet, we may schedule a home check to see where the pet will live and ensure a safe/secure environment.
- Our goal is to ensure a successful transition as these pets go to a safe and caring home.
- After a successful introduction and home visit, the adoption will be scheduled.
- All pets are spayed/neutered, microchipped, up-to-date on vaccinations and parasite preventatives.
- $300: Puppies (up to 6 months)
- $200: Adult dogs (6 months to age 7)
- $100: Senior dogs (age 8+)
- $200: Dog bonded buddies
- $100: Kittens (up to 6 months)
- $100: Adult cats (6 months and older)
- $150: Cat bonded buddies